Michael LoBue has served as executive director and board member to various non-profit organizations since 1980. LoBue entered into the association management business in 1993 to provide computing industry associations with a highly experienced professional alternative to existing management options. After successfully transitioning the firm’s staff and clients in January 2022, LoBue is now available for special projects to assist association and nonprofit leaders in achieving the maximum impacts their organizations were formed to deliver.
LoBue has an M.S. in Management & Public Policy from Carnegie Mellon University and an A.B. from the University of California at Berkeley. Memberships and recent board positions include:
- Golden Gate Regional Center (2023 – Present)
- Living Unlimited (2018 – 2019)
- Memorial Day Flower Foundation – Board Chair (2019 – 2021)
- Clearwater Ranch Community – Board Chair (2018 – 2019)
- Member of Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College Alumni Association Board (2014 – 2017)
- American Society of Association Executives
- California Society of Association Executives
Please contact Michael directly for copies of his various research reports comparing the AMC-managed and Standalone models of association management.